"Every storm has a silver lining, the trick is finding it."

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome!

A little about me....

My name is Amy.  I am a born and raised Cali girl who learned to have a love of cooking from her Daddy.  I believe God has blessed me in more ways than I will ever truly ever be able to appreciate, although I will keep trying to count them.  My greatest blessing are my amazing children.  They are my very reason for living and give me more strength to make it through the storms.  I am surrounded by the most amazing people in the world.  My family and friends bring me more joy and happiness than I could ever hope to repay.  I love deeper than I should at times and even though it has lead me into heartache in the past I refuse to love any less.  I have also been blessed to have something called Chiari Malformation.  It may not be your standard "blessing" and at times it is harder than I can even put into words, but it has taught me more about life than your average 30's something adult has the opportunity to learn.  At 30 years old you should still feel invincible.  But just a few short months after my 30th birthday and as a newly single Mom, I underwent major brain surgery at Stanford University and lived to tell the stories.  The emotional and physical trauma most people will never be able to understand and for that I am grateful.  The scar may be covered by my hair but I will not let anything cover my voice for my Chiari family.  I will spend every "healthy" day I have fighting for those who cannot and for those that have lost their lives due to this condition.

But this blog isn't just about Chiari.  It is about finding simple blessings in everyday life.  It will be about challenging myself to grow.  And about finding new ways to teach my children to have a servant's heart.  But most importantly it will be a chance for me to reflect on life, even if nobody else reads it.  Because no matter what happens in this life, I am not guaranteed a tomorrow so I will make the most of each and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment