"Every storm has a silver lining, the trick is finding it."

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Confessions of a Ninja Mom...or at least her attempts to be one....

It's been too long.  Life seems to get in the way of my writing, which is also my therapy.  This could explain the increase of craziness in my head.  Writing gets the crazy out to, of course, add more crazy.  So why the new direction?  Chiari is a part of my life.  I have said this many times even though I don't always accept it.  But I don't want it to define me.  I don't want to just be the girl with the big brain, although I guess worse could be said about a person...lol.  Lately, my heart has been heavy with thoughts of a hobby.  Not sure what that means, maybe my heart was just telling me I needed a release.  I pondered many things, photography, sewing, scrap booking, restoring old furniture, but none of those by themselves stuck out.  So I decided to analyze my passions.  Three things came to mind.  My relationship with God, my relationship with my husband and all our kids and my love of writing.  Then it hit me.  What if I challenge every week with something new and write a collection of essays?  What if I take those essays and make a book out of it?  I have secretly wanted to write a book for as long as I can remember and I think many would agree that I have a unique view on life.  I am after all a self proclaimed Ninja and Ninja's love to write books! 

Many insecurities come to mind.  First, will anyone read it?  Honestly, I don't know.  But really this challenge is for me and my family.  This challenge is about making me a better wife, mother, friend and person.  Next, what if I don't stick with it and I lose interest?  I am the big idea person.  My motto has always been "Go Big or Go HOME!".  Well, if I GO BIG, and it flops, at least I tried.  And finally, what if after all of this I do not become a better me at all?  Which that statement doesn't really mesh if I think about it.  If I am aspiring to become a better person all around, aren't I already growing? 

I can't promise it will be all fun and games.  Although if I am involved, the chances are pretty high that there will be quite a few fun and games and most likely a whole lot of humor.  But I can promise that I will be honest.  I am going into this with an open heart and an open mind.  If I am truly going to push myself to becoming the person I aspire to be, then I am going to have some growing pains along the way.  So I will be brutally honest with myself and this challenge.  Life gets busy, so while I may not write every single week, I will focus on a new challenge each week.  And let's be honest, some may just be so downright boring that I won't have anything interesting to write about. 

So here I go.  This week, given the holiday week, my challenge will be to find one thing each day that I am thankful for.  But not the everyday answers like, "I am thankful for my family" stuff.  Something completely overlooked on my average day.  Something that makes me have to really search to find.  Something that will give me a little more appreciation for all that I have.  Something like a stapler!  Seriously, where would civilization be without staplers?  Mutant robot paper clips may have taken over the world.  We would be at the mercy of paper clips everywhere.  Oh the horror!  See, like I said in the beginning, out with the crazy....

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for following your heart. So few have the courage to do so. Consider me a follower as I have been a fan of yours for a long time now. I'm thinking your weekly dose of humor tinged ninja skills will be just what I need to keep me on the lighter side of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Wendy!!! I love that you are always there to encourage people when they need it. I hope you know how powerful of a woman you are!!!!

      Delete